Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
Criticism, interpretation, etc
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
100 years of Anne with an "e".
Calgary : University of Calgary Press, ©2009
|Named Person:||L M Montgomery; L M Montgomery; Anne Shirley, (Fictitious character); L M Montgomery; L M Montgomery; Anne Shirley, (Fictitious character); Lucy M Montgomery|
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Holly Virginia Blackford
|ISBN:||9781552384886 1552384888 128012704X 9781280127045|
|Reproduction Notes:||Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010. MiAaHDL|
|Description:||1 online resource (xxxviii, 264 pages)|
|Details:||Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002.|
|Contents:||Introduction, Anne with an "e": The enduring value of Anne of Green Gables / by Holly Blackford --
1. Writing and placing Anne. Wildwood roses and sunshine girls: the making of Anne of Green Gables as a popular romance / Irene Gammel --
L.M. Montgomery and literary professionalism / E. Holly Pike --
Anne with two "G"s: Green Gables and geographical identity / Joy Alexander --
2. Romancing Anne: language and silence. Negotiating the well-worn coin: the shifting use of language in L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables / Melissa Mullins --
"Mute misery": speaking the unspeakable in L.M. Montgomery's Anne books / Hilary Emmett --
"The world hasn't changed very much": romantic love in film and television versions of Anne of Green Gables / Eleanor Hersey Nickel --
3. Quoting Anne: intertextuality at home and abroad. Anne and her ancestors: self-reflexivity from Yonge to Alcott to Montgomery / Laura M. Robinson --
Anne of Green Gables as intertext in post-1960 Canadian women's fiction / Theodore Sheckels --
Interactions with poetry: metapoetic games with Anne in Astrid Lindgren's Madicken / Cornelia Rémi --
4. Maturing Anne: gender and empire. A ministry of plum puffs: cooking as a path to spiritual maturity in L.M. Montgomery's Anne books / Christiana R. Salah --
The ethos of nurture: revisiting domesticity in L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables / Monika Hilder --
Constructing a "new girl": gender and national identity in Anne of Green Gables and Seven little Australians / Sharyn Pearce --
Chronology of important events in the life and career of Anne's creator: Lucy Maud Montgomery.
|Other Titles:||One hundred years of Anne with an "e"|
|Responsibility:||edited by Holly Blackford.|
In 2008, Anne fans everywhere celebrated the 100th birthday of Lucy Maud Montgomery's "Anne of Green Gables". Though Anne has always been recognised as a Canadian classic, her story is loved the world over. This book situates L M Montgomery's novel in its original historical and literary context, and discusses its timeless themes.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Montgomery, L. M. -- (Lucy Maud), -- 1874-1942. -- Anne of Green Gables.
- Montgomery, L. M. -- (Lucy Maud), -- 1874-1942 -- Anniversaries, etc.
- Children's stories, Canadian -- History and criticism.
- Shirley, Anne -- (Fictitious character)
- Children''s stories, Canadian -- History and criticism.
- Montgomery, L.M. -- (Lucy Maud) -- 1874-1942 -- Anniversaries, etc.
- Montgomery, L.M. -- (Lucy Maud) -- 1874-1942. -- Anne of Green Gables.
- Shirley, Anne (Fictitious character)
- LITERARY CRITICISM -- American -- General.
- Montgomery, L. M. -- (Lucy Maud), -- 1874-1942.
- Anne of Green Gables (Montgomery, L.M.)
- Children's stories, Canadian.
- Montgomery, Lucy M.
- Anne of Green Gables.