|類型/形式：||Suspense fiction, American
Detective and mystery stories, American
James Patterson; Maxine Paetro
|ISBN:||9780316036269 0316036269 9780316178037 0316178039|
|注意：||Includes excerpts from Now You See Her and Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life.|
|描述：||395, 19, 17 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.|
|責任：||James Patterson and Maxine Paetro.|
Detective Lindsay Boxer's long awaited wedding celebration becomes a distant memory when she is called to investigate a horrendous crime: a badly injured teenage girl is left for dead, and her newborn baby is nowhere to be found. Lindsay discovers that not only is there no trace of the criminals, but that the victim may be keeping secrets as well. At the same time, Assistant District Attorney Yuki Castellano is prosecuting the biggest case of her life, a woman who has been accused of murdering her husband in front of her two young children. Yuki's career rests on a guilty verdict, so when Lindsay finds evidence that could save the defendant, she is forced to choose. Should she trust her best friend or follow her instinct? Lindsay's every move is watched by her new boss, Lieutenant Jackson Brady, and when the pressure to find the baby begins interfering with her new marriage to Joe, she wonders if she'll ever be able to start a family.
- Women's Murder Club (Imaginary organization) -- Fiction.
- Women detectives -- California -- San Francisco -- Fiction.
- Public prosecutors -- California -- San Francisco -- Fiction.
- Teenage girls -- Crimes against -- Fiction.
- Husbands -- Crimes against -- Fiction.
- Missing children -- Fiction.
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- Fiction.