Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Typefaces (Type evidence)
|Named Person:||Johannes Fust; Peter Schöffer|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Eberhard König; Christopher De Hamel; Johannes Fust; Peter Schöffer
|Notes:||Issued in a drop-spine box. Six copies, lettered A-F, are reserved for the publishers; 15 copies, lettered G-U, contain a Bible leaf with a decorated initial. Cf. prospectus in copy 2.
"166 copies of this book were produced at the printing office of W. Thomas Taylor. The type is Adobe Minion, printed letterpress on Magnani mouldmade paper. The plates were printed at Wind River Press. The binding is by BookLab. All work executed in Austin, Texas"--Title page verso.
LC copy, deposited for copyright, wanting the box and the Bible leaf.
|Description:||40 pages : facsimiles ; 51 cm + 1 leaf in portfolio ( pages ; 41 cm)|
|Contents:||1. The Bible at the time of the invention of printing --
2. Fust & Schoeffer's 48-line Bible of 1462 --
3. The involvement of the artist in the completion of the 1462 Bible --
4. The present copy of the 48-line Bible --
5. Early printed Bibles in England.
|Other Titles:||1462 Fust and Schoeffer Bible
Fourteen sixty-two Fust and Schoeffer Bible
|Responsibility:||by Eberhard Koenig ; introduction by Christopher deHamel ; with an original leaf from the 1462 Bible.|
- Bible. -- Versions -- Vulgate.
- Incunabula -- Germany -- Mainz (Rhineland-Palatinate) -- Bibliography.
- Printing -- Germany -- Mainz (Rhineland-Palatinate) -- History -- Origin and antecedents.
- Fust, Johannes, -- 1400-1466.
- Schöffer, Peter, -- approximately 1425-approximately 1502.
- Mayence Bible; -- 48-line Bible