Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Dust jackets (Bindings)
Pura Bepre: Honor book
|Material Type:||Fiction, Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Enrique Flores-Galbis; Sonia Chaghatzbanian; Roaring Brook Press.; R.R. Donnelley and Sons Company.
|Notes:||"Book design by Sonia Chaghatzbanian"--t.p. verso.|
|Awards:||Pura BelpreÌ Author Honor, 2011
Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People, 2011
Notable Book for a Global Society award winner, 2011
|Target Audience:||Grades 4-7 (School Library Journal)|
|Description:||292 p. ; 22 cm.|
|Other Titles:||Ninety miles to Havana|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Difficulties facing young Cuban refugees in a brand new country.
When Castro's rebel forces take over Hanana, Julian and his brother are sent to Miami to wait for their parents who are still in Cuba. What they find in Miami is far different than what they expected. They are dumped into an overcrowded camp for children from Cuba with very little adult supervision....
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Refugees -- Juvenile fiction.
- Brothers -- Juvenile fiction.
- Bullying -- Juvenile fiction.
- Nineteen sixties -- Juvenile fiction.
- Refugees -- Fiction.
- Brothers -- Fiction.
- Bullies -- Fiction.
- Boys -- Fiction.
- Parent-separated boys -- Fiction.
- Boy refugees -- Fiction.
- Sixties (20th century) -- Fiction.
- Orphanages -- Fiction.
- Cuba -- Juvenile fiction.
- Miami (Fla.) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Cuba -- Fiction.
- Miami (Fla.) -- Fiction.
- Cuba -- History -- Fiction.
- Nineteen sixties.
- Florida -- Miami.