|提及的人：||A Philip Randolph; Asa Philip Randolph|
Cornelius L Bynum
|ISBN:||9780252035753 0252035755 9780252077647 0252077644|
|描述：||xix, 244 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.|
|内容：||A. Philip Randolph, racial identity, and family relations: tracing the development of a racial self-concept --
Religious faith and black empowerment: the AME church and Randolph's racial identity and view of social justice --
Black radicalism in Harlem: Randolph's racial and political consciousness --
Crossing the color line: Randolph's transition from race to class consciousness --
A new crowd, a new negro: the messenger and new negro ideology in the 1920s --
Black and white unite: Randolph and the divide between class theory and the race problem --
Ridin' the rails: Randolph and the brotherhood of sleeping car porters' struggle for union recognition --
Where class consciousness falls short: Randolph and the brotherhood's standing in the house of labor --
Marching toward fair employment: Randolph, the race/class connection, and the March on Washington movement --
Epilogue: A. Philip Randolph's reconciliation of race and class in African American protest politics.
|丛书名：||New Black studies.|
|责任：||Cornelius L. Bynum.|
"Relating Randolph's racial, economic, and political thought to his efforts to address injustice, this study is ideal for students and scholars of twentieth-century African American history, labor
- Randolph, A. Philip -- (Asa Philip), -- 1889-1979.
- Civil rights workers -- United States -- Biography.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century.
- United States -- Race relations.
- Randolph, Asa Philip.
- afro-américain (peuple) -- activisme -- droits fondamentaux -- justice sociale -- 20e s. (1ère moitié)