Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Records and correspondence
|Named Person:||Aaron Burr; Theodosia Burr Alston; Andrew Jackson; John Vanderlyn; Theodosia Burr Alston; Aaron Burr; Andrew Jackson; John Vanderlyn|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Aaron Burr; Henry Farr De Puy; John Vanderlyn
|Notes:||Bound in a quarto volume (27 cm.), half green levant morocco, gilt top; with typescript transcripts and a portrait of Burr (engraving by E.G. Williams & Bro., N.Y., after the painting of J. Vandyke).
All inquiries regarding this collection should be directed to Norris Foundation Curator of American Historical Manuscripts.
|Description:||18 autograph letters, bound volume; with typescript transcripts.|
|Other Titles:||Aaron Burr. Original Letters to John Vanderlyn. 1811-1816.|
The last two letters, dated July 28, 1815 and March 8, 1816, were written in New York; in the former, Burr advises Vanderlyn on his return to America, and in the latter urges him "not to leave Washington without taking a likeness of Genl. Jackson." Also included are two brief notes written during Burr's stay in Paris between February 1810 and July 1811.
- Burr, Aaron, -- 1756-1836 -- Archives.
- Alston, Theodosia Burr, -- 1783-1813 -- Portraits.
- Jackson, Andrew, -- 1767-1845 -- Portraits.
- Vanderlyn, John, -- 1775-1852 -- Correspondence.
- Artists and patrons -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Artists -- United States -- Correspondence.
- Amsterdam (Netherlands) -- Description and travel.
- United States -- History -- 1809-1817 -- Sources.
- Alston, Theodosia Burr, -- 1783-1813.
- Burr, Aaron, -- 1756-1836.
- Jackson, Andrew, -- 1767-1845.
- Vanderlyn, John, -- 1775-1852.
- Artists and patrons.
- Netherlands -- Amsterdam.
- United States.