|类型/形式：||American Library Association Amelia Bloomer Project
Picture books for children
Dust jackets (Bindings)
Cynthia Cotten; Jay Colvin; Beth Peck; Farrar, Straus, and Giroux,; Phoenix Color Corporation,
|注意：||"Designed by Jay Colvin"--Title page verso.|
|奖励：||Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People, 2007.
American Library Association Amelia Bloomer Project (2007)
|描述：||1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 28 cm|
|责任：||Cynthia Cotten ; pictures by Beth Peck.|
Growing up in western New York State in the early 1800s, Abbie would much rather read than embroider a sampler, which her mother and teacher insist she do, but she works hard after thinking of just the right picture and saying to include. Contains facts about education in the early nineteenth century.
- Embroidery -- Juvenile fiction.
- Schools -- History -- Juvenile fiction.
- Sex role -- Juvenile fiction.
- Education -- History -- 19th century.
- Children -- Books and reading -- Juvenile fiction.
- New York (State) -- History -- 19th century -- Juvenile fiction.
- Embroidery -- Fiction.
- Schools -- History -- Fiction.
- New York (State) -- History -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- Children -- Books and reading.
- Sex role.
- New York (State)