Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Law Reform Commission of Western Australia.|
"The Background Papers were published individually by the Commission throughout 2003-2005 and are now reproduced in this volume."--Page iv.
|Description:||iv, 580 pages ; 30 cm.|
|Contents:||1. The approach of Australian courts to Aboriginal customary law in the areas of criminal, civil and family law --
2. Caught in the middle: Indigenous interpreters and customary law --
3. The value of a benchmarking framework to the reduction of Indigenous disadvantage in the law and justice area --
4. Family law and customary law --
5. Aboriginal customary laws reference --
an overview --
6. Contemporary issues facing customary law and the general legal system: Roebourne --
a case study --
7. Aboriginal people and justice services: plans, programs and delivery --
8. A new way of doing justice business? Community justice mechanisms and sustainable governance in Western Australia --
9. Aboriginal customary law: can it be recognised? --
10. International human rights law and the recognition of Aboriginal customary law --
11. Customary law, human rights and international law: some conceptual issues --
12. Indigenous cultural and intellectual property and customary law --
13. Aboriginal women's interests in customary law recognition --
14. Aboriginal customary law in the context of Western Australian constitutional law --
15. Aboriginal people, criminal law and sentencing.
|Series Title:||Aboriginal customary laws. Project 94.; Project (Law Reform Commission of Western Australia), no. 94.|
|Other Titles:||Background paper (Law Reform Commission of Western Australia)|
|Responsibility:||Law Reform Commission of Western Australia.|
- Aboriginal Australians -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Australia -- Western Australia.
- Aboriginal Australians -- Criminal justice system.
- Aboriginal Australians -- Australia -- Western Australia -- Government relations.
- Aboriginal Australians -- Australia -- Western Australia -- Social life and customs.
- Customary law -- Australia -- Western Australia.
- Human rights -- Australia.
- Aboriginal Australians -- Government relations.
- Aboriginal Australians -- Legal status, laws, etc.
- Aboriginal Australians -- Social life and customs.
- Customary law.
- Human rights.
- Western Australia.
- Law (Australia, Western Australia)
- All Australian Indigenous Material.