Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||0813522447 9780813522449 0813522455 9780813522456|
|Description:||x, 262 p. ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||Feminist work: health care provision and identity --
Feminist abortion practice: getting graphic --
Anti-feminism personified: encounters with the enemy --
Feminist workplace? Examining contradictions in institutional ideology --
Purging the enemy within: feminist approach racism --
Feminism and (f)utility: assessing the future of procreative freedom.
These are the questions that drive Wendy Simonds's Abortion at Work. Simonds documents the ways in which workers at a feminist clinic construct compelling feminist visions, and also watch their ideals fall short in practice. Simonds interprets these women's narratives to get at how abortion works on feminism, and to show what feminism can gain by rethinking abortion utilizing these activists' terms. In thoroughly engaging prose, Simonds frames her analysis with a moving account of her own personal understanding of the issues.
- Abortion -- Social aspects -- United States -- Case studies.
- Abortion services -- United States -- Employees -- Case studies.
- Feminism -- United States -- Case studies.
- Abortion, Induced -- United States.
- Women's Health Services -- United States.
- Feminism -- United States.
- Social Environment -- United States.