Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Records and correspondence
|Named Person:||A Hayward; A Hayward|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
A Hayward; Catherine Maria Bury Charleville, Countess; Harriet Canning de Burgh Clanricarde, Marchioness of; Jane Porter; John Tyndall
|Notes:||For information on the Pforzheimer Collection's over one-thousand manuscript letters to Abraham Hayward, see the record for the Abraham Hayward Correspondence Files.|
|Other Titles:||Hayward, Abraham : manuscript material|
· To Catherine Maria Bury, Lady Charleville : 1 autograph letter signed (copy) : 18 Nov 1849 : (HWD 04.086) : from Hotel Mirbeau, Paris; begins, "Perhaps you will like to hear what is going on here." In the Abraham Hayward Correspondence Files.
· To Harriet Canning de Burgh, Lady Clanricarde : 1 autograph letter signed (copy?) : [no date] : (HWD 09.066) : from 8 St. James St.; begins, "I found your note ..." In the Abraham Hayward Correspondence Files.
· To Mrs. Geale : 1 autograph letter signed (copy) : 20 Apr 1856 : (HWD 09.091) : from Temple; begins, "I am very much obliged to you for your letter and reminiscences ..." In the Abraham Hayward Correspondence Files.
· To Jane Porter, novelist : 1 autograph letter signed : 30 May [1834 or 1835] : (MISC 2445) : from 1 Pump Court Temple; offering her a book [not present].
· To "My dear Porter" : 1 autograph letter signed : 5 Mar 1870 : (HWD 08.037) : on Privy Council Office stationery; begins, "I will certainly come unless laid hold of suddenly ..." In the Abraham Hayward Correspondence Files.
· To John Tyndall, physicist : 1 autograph letter signed (copy) : 24 Nov 1871 : (HWD 10.107) : from the Athenaeum; begins, "A letter from you was read at the meeting ..." In the Abraham Hayward Correspondence Files.
· To an unknown correspondent : 1 autograph letter signed : "Monday" : (MISC 3490) : from Pencarrow Bodmin; begins, "This is a very agreeable place..."
Also held is a copy of a memo from Lady Byron to Harriet Beecher Stowe, in Hayward's hand, on the Byron marriage and separation (B'ANA 0061); filed under "Byron, Anne Isabella" in the SC manuscript file.