|提及的人：||Charlotte Perkins Gilman|
Charlotte Perkins Gilman; Denise D Knight
|注意：||Abridged ed. of: The diaries of Charlotte Perkins Gilman. 1994.|
|描述：||xxii, 291 p. ; 24 cm.|
|责任：||edited by Denise D. Knight.|
One of the leading intellectuals of first-wave feminism, Charlotte Perkins Gilman (1860-1935) was a prolific socialist writer and lecturer. Nearly forgotten in the years following her death, she has been the subject of renewed interest and appreciation in recent decades. Drawing from her previous two-volume edition of The Diaries of Charlotte Perkins Gilman, editor Denise D. Knight here makes available a streamlined version of Gilman's extensive personal diaries and journals, with representative selections from various periods of her life. Included in this single volume are entries written between 1 January 1879 and 12 March 1935. These selections illustrate Gilman's development from a restless, high-spirited, and opinionated young woman to a mature, internationally known author and lecturer whose words touched thousands as she worked to effect social change.
- Gilman, Charlotte Perkins, -- 1860-1935 -- Diaries.
- Authors, American -- 19th century -- Diaries.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Diaries.
- Feminists -- United States -- Diaries.
- Women authors, American -- 19th century -- Diaries.
- Women authors, American -- 20th century -- Diaries.
- Femmes écrivains américains -- 1870-1914 -- Journaux intimes.
- Femmes écrivains américains -- 1900-1945 -- Journaux intimes.