Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.)
New York : Metropolitan Museum of Art ; Atlanta : High Musem of Art ; New York : Distributed by Harry N. Abrams, c1992
Lisa Mintz Messinger; Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.)
|ISBN:||0870996568 9780870996566 0870996576 9780870996573 0810964244 9780810964242|
|描述：||xi, 163 p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.|
|内容：||William Baziotes --
James Brooks --
Elaine de Kooning --
Willem de Kooning --
Arshile Gorky --
Adolph Gottlieb --
Philip Guston --
Gerome Kamrowski --
Franz Kline --
Robert Motherwell --
Barnett Newman --
Jackson Pollock --
Richard Pousette-Dart --
Theodore Roszak --
Mark Rothko --
Anne Ryan --
David Smith --
Theodoros Stamos --
|责任：||Lisa Mintz Messinger.|
Abstract Expressionist works on paper from the permanent collection of The Metropolitan Museum of Art are presented in this volume, which documents the wealth of the Museum's holdings in that area. Many of them are published here for the first time, and several are recent additions to the collection. All are illustrated in full-page color reproductions that show the nuances of each work in great detail. The Abstract Expressionists are best known for their paintings and sculptures, and virtually all of the many publications about these artists concentrate on those large-scale works. This unique catalogue deals exclusively with their smaller, more intimate works on paper, providing many new insights about the routes that led to the Abstract Expressionists' innovative artistic accomplishments. The nineteen artists included are William Baziotes, James Brooks, Elaine de Kooning, Willem de Kooning, Arshile Gorky, Adolph Gottlieb, Philip Guston, Gerome Kamrowski, Franz Kline, Robert Motherwell, Barnett Newman, Jackson Pollock, Richard Pousette-Dart, Theodore Roszak, Mark Rothko, Anne Ryan, David Smith, Theodoros Stamos, and Mark Tobey. Each of them is discussed in a separate essay, which encompasses information about the artist's background and development, commentary about the importance of drawing in his or her oeuvre, and an analysis of each work in the selection. Also included in the essays is technical information about a number of the individual works that enhances understanding of the variety and originality of these artists' media and techniques.
- Abstract expressionism -- United States -- Exhibitions.
- Small art works, American -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.) -- Exhibitions.
- Abstract expressionisme.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.) -- Expositions.
- Expressionnisme abstrait -- États-Unis -- Expositions.
- Art américain -- Expositions.
- Art -- New York (État) -- New York -- Expositions.
- Abstract expressionism -- Exhibitions -- United States
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.) -- Exhibitions
- Small art works, American -- Exhibitions -- 20th century
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.)
- Abstract expressionism.
- Small art works, American.
- United States.