Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Henry R Brandis, Jr.; William Martin Canning; Zechariah Chaffee, Jr.; Alfred E Driscoll; M I Finley; Abraham Glasser; Mason Welch Gross; Simon W Heimlich; Ralph E Himstead; Myron L Hoch; Lewis Webster Jones; Bennett Milton Rich; Arthur E Sutherland; Tracy S Voorhees; Karl August Wittfogel|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Rutgers University. President's Office (Lewis Webster Jones)|
|In:||Rutgers University. Governors. Special Committee on Academic Freedom; And Tenure; Rutgers University. School of Law. Committee of Review; Rutgers University. Office of Public Relations|
|Description:||1.6 cubic ft. (4 manuscript boxes)|
The Faculty Committee of Review of the Law School to advise on the Glasser case, chaired by Law Professor Arthur R. Lewis. Includes material relating to the personal and professional histories of the professors, reports of the academic Committees of Review, documentation on the University's censure by the AAUP and AALS, correspondence and editorials regarding the public's and the media's views on the cases. Also included are various statments of President Jones, including his statement Academic Freedom and Civic Responsibility, which was widely requested by universities and colleges throughout the country, as it established a precedent in handling Fifth Amdnement cases.
- Brandis, Henry R., -- Jr.
- Canning, William Martin.
- Chaffee, Zechariah, -- Jr.
- Driscoll, Alfred E., -- 1902-
- Finley, M. I. -- (Moses I.), -- 1912-1986.
- Glasser, Abraham.
- Gross, Mason Welch, -- 1911-1977.
- Heimlich, Simon W.
- Himstead, Ralph E.
- Hoch, Myron L.
- Jones, Lewis Webster.
- Rich, Bennett Milton, -- 1909-
- Sutherland, Arthur E.
- Voorhees, Tracy S. -- (Tracy Stebbins), -- 1890-1974.
- Wittfogel, Karl August, -- 1896-1988.
- American Association of University Professors.
- Association of American Law Schools.
- Rutgers University. -- Board of Trustees -- Committees.
- Rutgers University -- Faculty -- Political activity.
- Rutgers University -- Faculty -- Professional ethics.
- Rutgers University -- Governance.
- Rutgers University -- History -- Sources.
- Rutgers University -- Presidents.
- Rutgers University -- Regulations.
- United States. -- Congress. -- House. -- Committee on Un-American Activities.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate. -- Judiciary Committee. -- Subcommittee on Internal Security.
- Academic freedom -- New Jersey.
- Academic freedom -- United States.
- Anti-Communism movements -- United States.
- Communism -- New Jersey.
- Communism -- United States.
- Subsersive activities -- New Jersey.
- Subversive activities -- United States.