Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||James C Auchincloss; William Martin Canning; Zechariah Chaffee, Jr.; Alfred E Driscoll; M I Finley; Abraham Glasser; Simon W Heimlich; George H Holsten, Jr.; Edward Robert Isaacs; Lewis Webster Jones; Wallace A Moreland; Arthur E Sutherland; Tracy S Voorhees; Karl August Wittfogel|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Rutgers University. Office of Public Relations.|
|In:||Rutgers University. Office of the President (Lewis Webster Jones); Rutgers University. Governors. Special Committee on Academic Freedom and Tenure; Rutgers University. School of Law. Committee of Review|
|Description:||.6 cubic ft. : (1.5 manuscript boxes)|
William Martin Canning accusing him of being a Communist before a Congressional subcommittee; a letter to the Harvard Crimson from Harvard Law School Professors Zechariaha Chaffee, Jr. and Arthur R. Sutherland stressing the obligations of a citizen to testify before Congress; a copy of the Congressional Record which records James C. Auchincloss, representative of the Third Congressional District of New Jersey reading before Congress Jones' statement Academic Freedom and Civic Responsibility. Includes biographical and professional information on the professors; materials including newspaper articles, editorials, and correspondence relating to the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) and Association of American Law Schools (AALS) regarding their censure of Rutgers; and correspondence with other colleges and universities, various organizations, and individuals regarding requests for documentation on the cases.
- Auchincloss, James C.
- Canning, William Martin.
- Chaffee, Zechariah, -- Jr.
- Driscoll, Alfred E., -- 1902-
- Finley, M. I. -- (Moses I.), -- 1912-1986.
- Glasser, Abraham.
- Heimlich, Simon W.
- Holsten, George H., -- Jr.
- Isaacs, Edward Robert.
- Jones, Lewis Webster.
- Moreland, Wallace A.
- Sutherland, Arthur E.
- Voorhees, Tracy S. -- (Tracy Stebbins), -- 1890-1974.
- Wittfogel, Karl August, -- 1896-1988.
- American Association of University Professors.
- Association of American Law Schools.
- Rutgers University. -- Board of Trustees -- Committees.
- Rutgers University -- Faculty -- Political activity.
- Rutgers University -- Faculty -- Professional ethics.
- Rutgers University -- Governance.
- Rutgers University -- Regulations.
- United States. -- Congress. -- House. -- Committee on Un-American Activities.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate. -- Judiciary Committee. -- Subcommittee on Internal Security.
- Academic freedom -- New Jersey.
- Academic freedom -- United States.
- Communism -- New Jersey.
- Communism -- United States.
- Subversive activities -- New Jersey.
- Subversive activities -- United States.