Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Personal narratives, American
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William E Myers
|Description:||48 p. : ill. (some col.), map ; 28 cm.|
|Responsibility:||as compiled by William E. Myers.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Achtung! Noon Balloon: Remembrances of the Kay Flinders B-24 Bomber Crew
This book is an excellent account of what it was like to be a crewman on a B-24 during World War II. He chronicles training in the US, eventual deployment and then arrival at a British airfield. After that he tells what it was like to fly long , dangerous missions; and the down time and training involved...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- United States. -- Army Air Forces. -- Bombardment Squadron, 714th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Western Front.
- Flight crews -- United States -- Biography.
- B-24 (Bomber) -- History.