Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||DeWitt Clinton; Elbridge Gerry; Jared Ingersoll; DeWitt Clinton; Elbridge Gerry; Jared Ingersoll|
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Henry Baird; Joseph Lefever; Republican Party (Pa. : 1792-1828)
|Notes:||Resolutions and address of meetings held at Pittsburgh, Pa., on Sept. 18 and 22, 1812, recommending De Witt Clinton for president and Elbridge Gerry for vice president of the United States.
Signed on p. 17: Henry Baird [and six others]. Pittsburgh, September 28, 1812.
Also printed in the Oct. 12, 1812, issue of the Statesman, New York, N.Y., printed by Garret C. Tunison.
Last page blank.
"At a convention of Republican delegates from different counties in the state of Pennsylvania, held at Lancaster, on the 2d of October, 1812, the following address and electoral ticket ... were unanimously agreed to, viz: The Hon. De Witt Clinton, of New-York, as president, the Hon. Jared Ingersoll, of Pennsylvania, as vice president. ... To the Republicans of Pennsylvania. ..."--Page -25. Signed: Joseph Lefever, chairman, Lancaster County. John P. Helfenstein, secretary, Cumberland County.
|Description:||1 online resource (25,  pages)|
- Clinton, DeWitt, -- 1769-1828.
- Gerry, Elbridge, -- 1744-1814.
- Ingersoll, Jared, -- 1749-1822.
- Republican Party (Pa. : 1792-1828)
- Elections -- Pennsylvania.
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1812.
- Pennsylvania -- Politics and government -- 1812-1815.
- Pittsburgh (Pa.) -- Politics and government.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1812-1815.
- United States -- History -- War of 1812.
- Politics and government
- Presidents -- Election.
- Pennsylvania -- Pittsburgh.
- United States.