Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Fiction, Videorecording|
|Document Type:||Book, Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Jimmy Santiago Baca; ReLeah Cossett Lent
|Notes:||DVD includes segments of Jimmy telling his stories and are followed by lessons. Also included in the text are specific activities and suggestions to use with each video clip.|
|Description:||xvi, 175 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm + 1 videodisc (sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.)|
|Contents:||PART 1: Reaching and teaching adolescents on the edge. Community and trust --
Engagement and motivation --
Challenge and self-efficacy --
Collaboration and group work --
Writing and learning --
Performances and projects --
PART 2: Stories by Jimmy Santiago Baca and suggestions for teaching. Jimmy's introduction: The journey to be loved --
The swing test that made us men --
The magic marble --
Wells market --
Eleven cents --
Forgiving the godfather of poetry --
Sign language, convict style --
The embrace --
The warden --
Saving the tree. DVD contents: Jimmy's story ; Saving the tree ; Man on the beach ; Tractor-trailer moments ; American dream ; Jimmy and ReLeah talk with teachers about adolescents on the edge.
|Responsibility:||Jimmy Santiago Baca, ReLeah Cossett Lent.|
- Special education -- United States.
- Children with disabilities -- Education -- United States.
- Children with social disabilities -- Education -- United States.
- Learning disabled children -- Education -- United States.
- Children with disabilities -- Education.
- Children with social disabilities -- Education.
- Learning disabled children -- Education.
- Special education.
- United States.