Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Clary, David A.
New York : Bantam Books, c2007
|Named Person:||George Washington; George Washington; Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier Lafayette, marquis de; Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier Lafayette, marquis de|
|Material Type:||Biography, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
David A Clary
|Description:||564 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||Prologue : an inexplicable charm (June 28, 1778) --
I was all on fire to have a uniform (September 1757-December 1775) --
So young and inexperienced a person (February 1732-June 1775) --
This great military arrangement (July 1775-June 1777) --
The confusion became extreme (June-September 1777) --
I am now fixed to your fate (September 1777-January 1778) --
Oh American freedom what shall become of you! (January-April 1778) --
They will not be fond of fighting us (April-July 1778) --
I hope your French friend will ever be dear to you (July 1778-January 1779) --
I love him as my own son (January 1779-March 1780) --
I am considered too American (March-December 1780) --
The boy cannot escape me! (January-July 1781) --
The fifth act has just ended (July-Dec. 1781) --
Do often remember your adopted son (January 1782-December 1784) --
Vive La Fayette! (January 1785-December 1791) --
The lament of Washington (January 1792-December 1799) --
Le Vashington Fran?ais (January 1800-May 1834) --
Afterword: Greatness of name in the father oft-times overwhelms the son.
|Responsibility:||David A. Clary.|
- Washington, George, -- 1732-1799 -- Friends and associates.
- Washington, George, -- 1732-1799.
- Lafayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier, -- marquis de, -- 1757-1834.
- Lafayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier, -- marquis de, -- 1757-1834 -- Friends and associates.
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography.
- Statesmen -- France -- Biography.
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783.
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Biography.