Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Rebecca J Compton
|Description:||xi, 235 pages ; 25 cm|
|Contents:||Part 1. The adopted child : patterns of loss and gain. 1. Introduction --
2. Physical and cognitive development --
3. Social and emotional development --
4. Culture, race and identity --
Part 2. Adoptive families : biological, social, and clinical approaches. 5. Adoption and the biology of parenting --
Adoptive families in society --
7. Special needs and interventions --
8. Conclusions and policy considerations.
|Responsibility:||Rebecca J. Compton.|
"Inspired by her own challenging experience as a parent adopting a child from Kazakhstan, academic psychologist Rebecca Compton has authored a clear, well-documented argument that a child's long term