| Journal, magazine : Periodical|
La Fuente Restaurant Review   (2013-05-01)
Based on the review by C.J. Kaelin, my wife and I went to La Fuente restaurant to eat. We ordered the Fajitas for two, with half chicken and half beef. Based on the review of the skirt steak used in this dish, we were excited about tasting the meal. Here is what we got:
- The steak was overcooked and very tough. I actually pulled a piece out of the tortilla trying to bite it.
- The combo chicken was very dry and salty, and overcooked as well.
- The "yellow" rice was actually instant rice, colored a bit (it looked like the yellow rice was sick!).
- The re-fried beans (I think that is what they were, as there was not a whole bean to be seen in the cup), was soupy and tastless, as was the rice.
- The tortillas were stale and broke apart when I folded one to hold the food in it.
- The only thing I really enjoyed was the guacamole, pico de gallo, and the diet coke!
I spoke to the owner and showed him the food. He did not apologize, but said he was sorry I did like like his food. An understatement, if I heard one!
Perhaps C.J. Kaelin and I have a different expectation on what true mexican food should be. I suggest that he try Miguel's on Kennedy Blvd to see what real mexican food should taste like.
Other than the above, everything was perfect!
Was this review helpful to you?