Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Detective and mystery fiction
|Material Type:||Fiction, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780385344326 0385344325 9780440339359 0440339359 9780593065716 0593065719|
|Description:||405 pages ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||Hardback -March 1997. A woman has her throat cut behind a bar in Carter Crossing, Mississippi. Just down the road is a big army base. Is the murderer a local guy --
or is he a soldier? Jack Reacher, still a major in the military police, is sent in undercover. The county sheriff is a former U.S. Marine --
and a stunningly beautiful woman. Her investigation is going nowhere. Is the Pentagon stonewalling her? Or doesnt she really want to find the killer? The adrenaline-pumping, high-voltage action in The Affair is set just six months before the opening of Killing Floor , and it marks a turning point in Reachers career. If he does what the army wants, will he be able to live with himself? And if he doesnt, will the army be able to live with him? And is this his last case in uniform? Carter Crossing, Mississippi. 1997. A lonely railroad track. A crime scene. A coverup. A young woman is dead, and solid evidence points to a soldier at a nearby military base. But that soldier has powerful friends in Washington. Reacher is ordered undercover --
to find out everything he can, to control the local police, and then to vanish.
- Reacher, Jack (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Military police -- Fiction.
- Murder -- Investigation -- Fiction.
- Military bases -- Mississippi -- Fiction.
- Military bases.
- Military police.
- Murder -- Investigation.
- Reacher, Jack (Fictitious character)
- Reacher, Jack (Fictional character) -- Fiction.
- Military personnel -- Fiction.
- Homicide -- Fiction.
User lists with this item (11)
- fiction(70 items)
by Seyfe updated 2016-07-29
- "P" Lamson's Newest Acquisitions in Language and Literature(479 items)
by LamsonFitz updated 2016-04-05
- B & T Recreational Reading Titles - Bellarmine University Library(247 items)
by kmcmain updated 2015-10-13
- Things to Check Out(1 items)
by SAM6174 updated 2015-03-07
- New York Times #1 Bestsellers(237 items)
by LamsonFitz updated 2014-09-18