Encontrar uma cópia na biblioteca
Encontrando bibliotecas que possuem este item...
|Tipo de Documento:||Livro|
|Todos os Autores / Contribuintes:||
Guy B Faguet
|ISBN:||9780875869759 0875869750 9780875869766 0875869769 9780875869773 0875869777|
|Descrição:||x, 236 p. ; 23 cm.|
|Conteúdos:||pt. I. The U.S. health system: origins and evolution. 1. Historical overview : Out-of-pocket healthcare ; Health insurance is born ; National health insurance: an elusive century-old target --
2. Root causes of the spiraling healthcare costs : Providers' perverse incentives and consumers' expectations & disincentives ; Commercialization of medicine ; The role of trial attorneys ; Healthcare: a supply-driven, profit-focused industry ; A system beset by fraud --
3. Cost control initiatives : Managed care ; DRG-based payments ; Consumer-Directed Health Care (CDHC) --
pt. II. The 2010 healthcare reform bill. 4. The politics and the money behind the bill --
5. Outline of the Affordable Care Act : An evolving process? ; Key provisions ; Implementation timeline --
pt. III. Healthcare reform from the ground up. 6. The U.S. healthcare system: a brief outline : Is the U.S. healthcare system the best in the world? ; World Health Report, 2000 ; Cross-country comparisons --
7. Foreign and domestic health models we can learn from : Foreign models ; Arguably the best domestic model: the Veterans Health Administration --
8. An equitable and affordable universal health system : Redesigning the system structure ; Redesigning care delivery ; Redesigning the payment model ; Curbing malpractice litigation and political intrusion ; Arguments against term limits and their rebuttal ; Arguments in favor of term limits.
|Responsabilidade:||Guy B. Faguet.|