|ジャンル/形式：||Documentary television programs
Nonfiction television programs
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Orlando Bagwell; Susan Bellows; W Noland Walker; Jacquie Jones; Llewellyn Smith; Steve Fayer; Angela Bassett; Michael Chin; Buddy Squires; Chuck Scott; Bernice Johnson Reagon; Charles Johnson; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); WGBH Video (Firm)
|注記：||Originally broadcast on PBS in 1998.
Related to: Africans in America : America's journey through slavery / Charles Johnson, Patricia Smith, WGBH Series Research Team. -- New York : Harcourt Brace, c1998.
Special features: Chapter search ; 2 bonus songs from the "Africans in America" soundtrack ; access to the "Africans in America" web site, including links to a resource bank, teacher's guide, and youth activity guide.
|著作権：||Directors of photography, Michael Chin, Buddy Squires ; editor, Chuck Scott; music score, Bernice Johnson Reagon.|
|パフォーマー||Narrator: Angela Bassett.|
|物理形態：||2 videodiscs (360 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.|
|詳細：||DVD; NTSC; all regions; 4x3 full screen; Dolby Digital 2.0.|
|コンテンツ：||disc 1. The terrible transformation (1450-1750) / produced and directed by Orlando Bagwell, Susan Bellows ; Revolution (1750-1805) / produced and directed by W. Noland Walker --
disc 2. Brotherly love (1791-1831) / produced and directed by Jacquie Jones ; Judgment day (1831-1865) / produced and directed by Llewellyn Smith.
|その他のタイトル：||The terrible transformation.
Africans in America (Television program)
America's journey through slavery
|責任者：||a production of WGBH Boston ; executive producer, Orlando Bagwell ; senior producer, Susan Bellows ; writer, Steve Fayer.|
Good but lacks depth
Episode 2, Revolution, opines that the interests of Northern wealth and Southern wealth were different in the very early 1800s, as Northern states began banning slavery. In fact, their interests were identical (until the 1850s: the instant those interests ceased being identical, the South seceded)....
- Slavery -- United States -- History.
- Slavery -- United States -- History -- 17th century.
- Slavery -- Economic aspects -- United States -- History -- 17th century.
- Slavery -- Virginia -- History.
- Slavery -- Economic aspects -- Virginia -- History.
- African Americans -- History -- To 1863.
- Slavery -- Justification.
- United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Virginia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Television programs.
- Documentary television programs.
- Nonfiction television programs.
- African Americans.
- Slavery -- Economic aspects.
- United States.