Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Documentary television programs
Nonfiction television programs
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Orlando Bagwell; Susan Bellows; W Noland Walker; Jacquie Jones; Llewellyn Smith; Steve Fayer; Angela Bassett; Michael Chin; Buddy Squires; Chuck Scott; Bernice Johnson Reagon; Charles Johnson; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); WGBH Video (Firm)
|Notes:||Originally broadcast on PBS in 1998.
Related to: Africans in America : America's journey through slavery / Charles Johnson, Patricia Smith, WGBH Series Research Team. -- New York : Harcourt Brace, c1998.
Special features: Chapter search ; 2 bonus songs from the "Africans in America" soundtrack ; access to the "Africans in America" web site, including links to a resource bank, teacher's guide, and youth activity guide.
|Credits:||Directors of photography, Michael Chin, Buddy Squires ; editor, Chuck Scott; music score, Bernice Johnson Reagon.|
|Performer(s):||Narrator: Angela Bassett.|
|Target Audience:||Not rated.|
|Description:||2 videodiscs (360 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Details:||DVD; NTSC; all regions; 4x3 full screen; Dolby Digital 2.0.|
|Contents:||disc 1. The terrible transformation (1450-1750) / produced and directed by Orlando Bagwell, Susan Bellows ; Revolution (1750-1805) / produced and directed by W. Noland Walker --
disc 2. Brotherly love (1791-1831) / produced and directed by Jacquie Jones ; Judgment day (1831-1865) / produced and directed by Llewellyn Smith.
|Other Titles:||The terrible transformation.
Africans in America (Television program)
America's journey through slavery
|Responsibility:||a production of WGBH Boston ; executive producer, Orlando Bagwell ; senior producer, Susan Bellows ; writer, Steve Fayer.|
- Slavery -- United States -- History.
- Slavery -- United States -- History -- 17th century.
- Slavery -- Economic aspects -- United States -- History -- 17th century.
- Slavery -- Virginia -- History.
- Slavery -- Economic aspects -- Virginia -- History.
- African Americans -- History -- To 1863.
- Slavery -- Justification.
- United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Virginia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Television programs.
- Documentary television programs.
- Nonfiction television programs.
- African Americans.
- United States.