Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Durham : Duke University Press, 2008
Durham : Duke University Press, 2008
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Fred Wei-han Ho; Bill Mullen
|ISBN:||9780822342588 0822342588 9780822342816 0822342812|
|Description:||x, 403 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||Nobody knows the trouble I've seen: the roots to the Black-Asian conflict / Fred Ho --
Chinese freedom fighters in Cuba: from bondage to liberation, 1847-1898 / Lisa Yun --
Seoul City Sue and the bugout blues: black American narratives of the forgotten war / Daniel Widener --
Statement supporting the Afro-American in their just struggle against racial discrimination by U.S. imperialism, August 8, 1963 / Mao Zedong --
Statement by Mao Tse-Tung, chairman of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, in support of the Afro-American struggle against violent repression, April 16, 1968 / Mao Zedong --
Black like Mao: red China and the black revolution / Robin D.G. Kelley ans Betsy Esch --
The inspiration of Mao and the Chinese revolution on the black liberation movement and Asian movement on the East Coast / Fred Ho --
The black liberation movement and Japanese American activism: the radical activism of Richard Aoki and Yuri Kochiyama / Diane C. Fujino --
Why do we lie about telling the truth? / Kalamu ya Salaam --
The yellow and the black / Ishmael Reed --
Not just a "special issue": gender, sexuality, and post-1965 Afro Asian coalition building in the Yardbird reader and This bridge called my back / Cheryl Higashida --
Bill Cole: African American musician of the Asian double reeds / Fred Ho --
Martial arts is nothing if not cool: speculations on the intersection between martial arts and African American expressive culture / Kim Hewitt --
The American drum set: Black musicians and Chinese opera along the Mississippi river / royal hartigan with Fred Ho --
Is kung fu racist? / Ron Wheeler with David Kaufman --
Yellow lines: Asian Americans and hip-hop / Thien-bao Thuc Phi --
Secret colors and the possibilities of coalition: an African American-Asian American collaboration / David Mura and Alexs Pate --
We don't stand a chinaman's chance unless we create a revolution / Kalamu ya Salaam --
El chino / Lisa Yun --
Samchun in the grocery store / Ishle Park --
Self-rebolusyon, April 1998 / Maya Almachar Santos --
Chyna and me / JoYin C Shih --
All that / Everett Hoagland.
|Responsibility:||edited by Fred Ho and Bill V. Mullen.|
"Afro-Asia is a long overdue tribute to the long history of cross-ethnic intellectual connections, as well as a celebration of artistic collaborations, between African Americans and Asian
- African Americans -- Relations with Asian Americans.
- African Americans -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
- Asian Americans -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Intellectual life -- 20th century.
- Asian Americans -- Intellectual life -- 20th century.
- United States -- Race relations.
- African Americans -- Intellectual life.
- African Americans -- Politics and government.
- Asian Americans -- Intellectual life.
- Asian Americans -- Politics and government.
- Race relations.
- United States.
User lists with this item (9)
- June - August 2015 New Titles(177 items)
by bevdchar updated 2015-10-17
- Works by or referencing Yuri Kochiyama (1921-2014)(14 items)
by z_m_mumford updated 2014-06-01
- E 07-09 China, East Asia, relations(187 items)
- E 08-09 China, United States, relations(250 items)
- E 07-08China, United States, relations(250 items)