Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780520271586 0520271580 9780520271593 0520271599|
|Description:||viii, 318 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
Resettlement and new lives : Political science? FDR, Japanese Americans and the postwar dispersion of minorities ; Forrest LaViolette: race, internationalism, and assimilation ; Japantown born and reborn: comparing the resettlement experience of Issei and Nisei in Detroit, New York, and Los Angeles --
The varieties of assimilation : Birth of a citizen: Miné Okubo and the politics of symbolism ; The "new Nisei" and identity politics --
Interethnic politics : Japanese Americans and Mexican Americans: the limits of interracial collaboration ; From kuichi to comrades: Japanese American views of Jews in the 1930s and 1940s --
African American supporters of Japanese Americans, and the shift in Nisei views of African Americans : African American responses to the wartime incarceration of Japanese Americans ; The Los Angeles defender: Hugh E. MacBeth and Japanese Americans ; Crusaders in Gotham: the JACD and interracial activism --
The rise and fall of postwar coalitions for civil rights : From Korematsu to Brown: Nisei and the postwar struggle for civil rights ; An uneasy alliance: Blacks and Japanese Americans, 1954-1965 --
"Far ranging, full of information and wonderful reading." International Examiner 20120801 "After Camp is a record of a unique time, place and situation, but its reach is universal." Japan Times
- Japanese Americans -- Social conditions -- 20th century.
- Japanese Americans -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
- Japanese Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century.
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945.
- Cold War -- Social aspects -- United States.
- Community life -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- United States -- Social conditions -- 1945-
- United States -- Ethnic relations -- History -- 20th century.
User lists with this item (5)
- U.S. History Titles(287 items)
by ameier updated 2013-12-04
- japan(73 items)
by email@example.com updated 2013-07-11
- L.A. history(141 items)
by implacable updated 2014-04-22
- Things to Check Out(6 items)
by firstname.lastname@example.org updated 2013-04-01
- 2013-February: New Items at the SPU Library(266 items)
by spulibrary updated 2013-03-04