Criticism, interpretation, etc
|提及的人：||Agatha Christie; Agatha Christie; Agatha Christie|
|描述：||xii, 243 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm|
|内容：||Agatha Miller: Life before crime --
Mrs Christie: Styles of murder --
Agatha Christi: Kings and commoners --
Teresa Neele: Disappearance and divorce --
Mrs. Mallowan: Last trump for Shaitana --
Mary Westmacott: Death comes as the beginning --
Dame Agatha: Murders in St Mary Mead --
Afterward: The secret of success.
This volume is a biography of English writer Agatha Christie (1890-1976). Christie is best remembered for the detective novels and short story collections. She is perhaps the best-selling novelist of all time; her novels have sold roughly 4 billion copies, and claims exist that state her works rank third, after those of William Shakespeare and the Bible, as the world's most-widely published books. Christie's stage play "The Mousetrap" holds the record for the longest initial run; it opened at the Ambassadors Theatre in London in 1952 and as of 2012 is still running after more than 25,000 performances. This work analyzes the life and work of the popular mystery writer portrays a strong-willed, passionate woman whose fictional creations explode sexual and other stereotypes.
- Christie, Agatha, -- 1890-1976.
- Detective and mystery stories, English -- History and criticism.
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Biography.
- Authors, English.
- Detective and mystery stories, English.
- Christie, Agatha.
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Biography
- Christie, Agatha -- 1890-1976
- Detective and mystery stories, English -- History and criticism