Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Caricatures and cartoons
|Named Person:||Eddie Cantor; Katharine Hepburn; Bert Lahr; Ethel Merman; Eddie Cantor; Katharine Hepburn; Bert Lahr; Ethel Merman|
|Material Type:||Original artwork|
|Document Type:||Visual material, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||8 boxes ( ca. 925 drawings) : some col. ; 61 cm x 55 cm. or smaller.|
The caricatures consist of both finished ink drawings, as well as a large number of preliminary sketches in pencil. Some drawings depict several personalities or productions in one. A few of the dozens of celebrities portrayed include Eddie Cantor, Katharine Hepburn, Bert Lahr, Ethel Merman, and Victor Moore. There are also several sketchbooks and cartoons, a number of which depict casinos, bars, and various scenes in the state of Nevada. Of note are 3 caricatures of New York theater critics, portayed as Eskimos, a marching band, and in judicial robes and wigs.
- Cantor, Eddie, -- 1892-1964.
- Hepburn, Katharine, -- 1907-2003.
- Lahr, Bert, -- 1895-1967.
- Merman, Ethel.
- Actors -- United States -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Actresses -- United States -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Theater -- United States -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Theater critics -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Theater critics.
- New York (State) -- New York.
- United States.