|提及的人：||Alexander Boyd Andrews; William H Taft|
Alexander Boyd Andrews
|注意：||In the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#2412).|
|描述：||ca. 6400 items (8.5 linear ft.)|
Correspondence, chiefly 1911-1946, of Andrews with lawyers and judges throughout the English-speaking world concerning legal education, and with government officials in the United States and abroad, Episcopalians, newspaper editors, school administrators, and legislators. The papers reflect Andrews's concern with gathering and disseminating information and statistics on legal education, adult illiteracy, the training of college teachers in North Carolina (including African- Americans), the Episcopal Church and the Diocese of North Carolina, and many other subjects of public concern and North Carolina historical interest. Included are four letters from William Howard Taft, 1921, 1923, and 1928.
- Andrews, Alexander Boyd, -- 1873-1946.
- Taft, William H. -- (William Howard), -- 1857-1930.
- Episcopal Church -- North Carolina -- History.
- Episcopal Church. -- Diocese of North Carolina -- History.
- African American college teachers -- Education -- North Carolina -- History -- 20th century.
- College teachers -- Education -- North Carolina -- History -- 20th century.
- Law -- Study and teaching -- United States -- History.
- Lawyers -- North Carolina -- History.
- Literacy -- United States -- History.
- North Carolina -- History -- 1865-