Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Half bindings (Binding)
Leather bindings (Binding)
Lettering pieces (Binding)
Marbled papers (Binding)
Decorated papers (Binding)
Decorated edges (Binding)
Marbled edges (Binding)
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Alexander H. Stephens in public and private.
Philadelphia, Chicago, Ill. [etc.] National Pub. Co. [©1866]
|Named Person:||Alexander H Stephens; Alexander H Stephens|
|Material Type:||Biography, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Computer File, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Henry Cleveland; Alexander H Stephens; Robert Whitechurch; William H Dougal; John C McRae; John McGoffin; Alfred S Roe; National Publishing Company (Philadelphia, Pa.),
|Notes:||"Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1866, by J.R. Jones, In the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the United Staes, in and for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. S.A. George, stereotyper, electrotyper, and printer, 124 N. Seventh Street, Philadelphia."--Verso of title page.
Includes engravings by R. Whitechurch, W.H. Dougal, J.C. McRae, and J. McGoffin.
Last page blank.
Errata slip inserted at last blank page.
Autograph: Alfred S. Roe; bookplates: A.S. Roe library; Charles R. Sanders, Jr., of Halifax County, Virginia.
Contemporary half brown leather with comb marbled paper sides; spine tooled in gold, divided into six compartments by false raised bands, red and green leather lettering pieces in 2nd and 4th compartments; text edges marbled; red and white textile headbands, worked; endpapers comb marbled; text sewn on two recessed supports.
|Description:||, 7-833,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, facsimiles, portraits ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||Biographical sketch --
Speeches, letters, etc.
|Responsibility:||By Henry Cleveland.|
- Stephens, Alexander H. -- (Alexander Hamilton), -- 1812-1883.
- Governors -- Georgia -- Biography.
- Legislators -- United States -- Biography.
- Statesmen -- Confederate States of America -- Biography.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1861-1865.
- Confederate States of America -- Politics and government.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1865-1869.
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Georgia.
- Georgia -- Politics and government.
- Slavery -- United States -- Extension to the territories.
- Slavery -- United States -- Justification.
- Politics and government.
- Slavery -- Extension to the territories.
- Slavery -- Justification.
- United States.
- United States -- Confederate States of America.