Neel, Alice, 1900-1984.
Philadelphia, Pa. : Philadelphia Museum of Art, c2000
|提及的人：||Alice Neel; Alice Neel; Alice Neel; Alice Neel; Alice Neel|
Alice Neel; Ann Temkin; Susan Rosenberg; Richard Flood; Whitney Museum of American Art.
|ISBN:||0810942151 9780810942158 0876331401 9780876331408 0876331398 9780876331392|
|注意：||Published on the occasion of an exhibition held at the Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, N.Y., and four other institutions between June 29, 2000 and Dec. 30, 2001.|
|描述：||198 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 31 cm.|
|内容：||Alice Neel: self and others / Ann Temkin --
People as evidence / Susan Rosenberg --
Gentlemen callers: Alice Neel and the art world / Richard Flood --
Undergoing scrutiny: sitting for Alice Neel --
Chronology / Sarah Powers.
|责任：||edited by Ann Temkin ; with essays by Ann Temkin, Susan Rosenberg, and Richard Flood.|
"This volume accompanies a landmark exhibition organized by the Philadelphia Museum of Art to celebrate the centennial of the artist's birth. It reviews the full range of Neel's paintings, from her early watercolors to the late work for which she finally achieved renown. Three essays, by Ann Temkin, Susan Rosenberg, and Richard Flood, examine Neel's indirect presence in her paintings, the roots of her work in the culture of the 1930s, and her portrayal of the contemporary art world. The transcript from a roundtable discussion among Neel's sitters and a richly illustrated chronology provide much new information on the artist's life and work."--BOOK JACKET.
- Neel, Alice, -- 1900-1984 -- Exhibitions.
- Painting, Modern -- 20th century -- United States -- Exhibitions.
- Neel, Alice, -- 1900- -- Expositions.
- Neel, Alice, -- (1900-1984) -- Catalogues d'exposition.
- New York -- Expositions -- 2000.
- Andover, Mass -- Expositions -- 2000.
- Philadelphia -- Expositions -- 2001.
- Minneapolis -- Expositions -- 2001.
- Denver -- Expositions -- 2001.
- Neel, Alice, -- 1900-1984.