Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Stoler, Mark A.
Allies and adversaries.
Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, c2000
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Mark A Stoler
|Awards:||Society for Military History Distinguished Book Award, 2002.|
|Description:||xxii, 380 p. ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||The armed forces and national policy before World War II --
New strategies and policies for a coalition war, 1939-1941 --
Civil-military and coalition conflicts, February-December 1941 --
Global strategy reconsidered, December 1941-July 1942 --
The great strategic debate, July 1942-January 1943 --
Britain as adversary, January-October 1943 --
Russia as ally and enigma, December 1942-October 1943 --
Civil-military coordination and conflict, February 1942-November 1943 --
The big two, October 1943-September 1944 --
National versus international postwar security and civil-military relations, January 1944-January 1945 --
Second thoughts on the allies, September 1944-April 1945 --
Victory and reassessment, April-August 1945.
|Responsibility:||Mark A. Stoler.|
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States.
- United States. -- Joint Chiefs of Staff -- History -- 20th century.
- Strategy -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil-military relations -- United States.
- United States -- Military relations -- Foreign countries.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1933-1945.
- United States. -- Joint Chief of Staff -- History -- 20th century.
- United States. -- Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- Civil-military relations.
- International relations.
- Military relations.
- United States.