Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Clara Barton; William Smith|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Alphaeus Homer Albert; Hight family.; Haight family.; Albert family.; Jacob Stults; Maurice P Shuman; Robert W Craig; Clark J Hutchinson; Union Transportation Company.; Bryant Literary Society (Hightstown High School); Peddie School.; First Baptist Church of Hightstown (Hightstown, N.J.); Hightstown Universalist Church (Hightstown, N.J.); Hightstown Memorial Library (Hightstown, N.J.)
|Notes:||In part, photocopies.|
|Description:||ca. 4 linear ft.|
Subjects include the Coterie and Friday clubs, social organizations in which the Alberts were active members; Hightstown post office; Clara Barton; First Presbyterian Church; historical lectures and walking tours of Hightstown; other area Presbyterian churches; public and private schools of Hightstown and vicinity, particularly Hightstown High School where A.H. Albert was a teacher; land transactions of William Smith; and the Camden and Amboy Railroad and Transportation Company.
Includes newspaper clippings concerning the history of Hightstown and East Windsor; papers relating to A.H. Albert's service as the municipal historian; articles and papers about Hightstown written by Jacob Stults, Maurice P. Shuman, Jr., Robert W. Craig, and Clark J. Hutchinson; deeds and certificates of Haight/Hight family members; notes on the Union Transportation Company railroad; early invoices of local businesses; campaign insignia; Civil War monument materials; records of Bryant Literary Society of the Hightstown High School; materials of Peddie School; and miscellaneous records of First Baptist Church of Hightstown, Hightstown Universalist Church, and Hightstown Memorial Library.
- Hightstown (N.J.) -- History.
- East Windsor (N.J.) -- History.
- Buttons -- United States.
- Buttons -- Collectors and collecting.
- Campaign buttons.
- Men -- New Jersey -- Societies and clubs.
- Women -- New Jersey -- Societies and clubs.
- Postal service -- New Jersey -- Hightstown.
- Presbyterian Church -- New Jersey -- Hightstown.
- Presbyterian Church -- New Jersey.
- Coterie Club (Hightstown, N.J.)
- Friday Club (Hightstown, N.J.)
- Barton, Clara, -- 1821-1912.
- First Presbyterian Church (Hightstown, N.J.)
- Schools -- New Jersey -- Hightstown.
- Hightstown High School (Hightstown, N.J.)
- Real property -- New Jersey -- Hightstown.
- Smith, William, -- 1722?-1791.
- Camden and Amboy Railroad and Transportation Company.
- Railroads -- New Jersey.
- Lectures and lecturing -- New Jersey -- Hightstown.
- Walking -- New Jersey -- Hightstown.
- Baptists -- New Jersey -- Hightstown.
- Libraries -- New Jersey -- Hightstown.
- Universalists -- New Jersey -- Hightstown.
- New Jersey -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Monuments -- New Jersey -- Hightstown.