Trouver un exemplaire dans la bibliothèque
Recherche de bibliothèques qui possèdent cet ouvrage...
|Personne nommée :||Alphonso Calhoun Avery; Isaac Erwin Avery; Isaac Erwin Avery; Isaac Thomas Avery; Sallie Love Thomas Avery; Susan Washington Morrison Avery; Charles Walter Tillett; Gladys Avery Tillett; William Holland Thomas; Avery family.; Erwin family.; Love family.; Thomas family.|
|Format :||Document mixte|
|Tous les auteurs / collaborateurs :||
Alphonso Calhoun Avery
|Numéro OCLC :||27183539|
|Notes :||In the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#3456).|
|Description :||3000 items (9.5 linear ft.)|
|Plus d’informations :|
Legal papers consist of deeds, indentures, surveyors' reports, land plats, powers of attorney, and papers relating to Avery's legal career. Financial papers consist of bills, receipts, purchase lists, and account books. Also included are legal and financial papers relating to Western North Carolina Railroad contractors Chambers and Avery and to various family members' estates. Other papers include biographical and genealogical materials relating to the Love, Erwin, Thomas, and other families; Avery's publications and writings on Civil War and western North Carolina history.
Civil War papers relating to Avery and his brother, Colonel Isaac Erwin Avery; recipe and remedy books of Susan Washington Morrison Avery; and volumes containing notes on legal cases, lectures on legal topics, and Civil War clippings and letters. Also included are letters and legal papers relating to land holdings of William Holland Thomas, Sallie Love Thomas Avery's father, who represented the North Carolina Cherokee and acquired vast amounts of land that came under dispute following his financial collapse.
Letters concern the Thomas heirs' legal claims, some handled by Charles Walter Tillett, to the land, mineral rights, and Cherokee land boundaries. Legal papers relate to court cases about the lands and include indentures, plats, petitons, notes, testimony, and Thomas's power of attorney for the North Carolina Cherokee.
Sujets associés :(26)
- Avery, Alphonso Calhoun, -- 1835-1913.
- Avery, Isaac Erwin, -- 1828-1863.
- Avery, Isaac Erwin, -- 1871-1904.
- Avery, Isaac Thomas, -- 1781-1864.
- Avery, Sallie Love Thomas, -- 1863-1954.
- Avery, Susan Washington Morrison, -- 1838-1886.
- Burke County (N.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- Cherokee Indians -- Land tenure.
- Cherokee Indians -- North Carolina.
- Confederate States of America. -- Army -- Military life.
- Confederate States of America. -- Army -- Officers -- Correspondence.
- Confederate States of America. -- Army. -- North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 6th.
- Families -- North Carolina -- Social life and customs.
- Judges -- North Carolina -- History -- 19th century.
- Lawyers -- North Carolina -- History.
- North Carolina. -- Superior Courts.
- North Carolina. -- Supreme Court -- History -- 19th century.
- Shanghai (China) -- Description and travel.
- Tillett, Charles Walter, -- 1888-1952.
- Tillett, Gladys Avery, -- 1891-1984.
- Thomas, William Holland, -- 1805-1893.
- Western North Carolina Railroad Company.
- Avery family.
- Erwin family.
- Love family.
- Thomas family.