Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Bayley family.; Eaton family.; Kinsley family.; Peabody family.; Storer family.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Amelia Peabody; Gertrude Bayley Peabody Eaton; William Storer Eaton; Everett Peabody; Francis Howard Peabody; Oliver White Peabody; Peabody family.; Ebenezer Storer; Hannah Quincy Lincoln Storer; Storer family.
|Notes:||Photographs have been removed from the collection and are stored separately as Photo Coll. 28.|
|Description:||5 boxes and 25 v. in cases.|
Amelia Peabody's scrapbooks cover such topics as Boston society; horses and horse shows; animal husbandry and her farm work in Dover; her experimental solar house in Dover; her work with the Red Cross Arts and Skills Division during World War II and after; and her sculptures. Collection includes a European travel diary of Francis H. Peabody; personal diary of Gertrude Peabody kept in North Rochester, Mass.; personal and travel diaries of Amelia Peabody; and record books of William S. Eaton for his yacht Taormina. Also, wills and genealogical matter for many related families, including the Bayley, Eaton, Kinsley, Peabody, and Storer families.
- Bayley family.
- Eaton family.
- Kinsley family.
- Peabody family.
- Storer family.
- American Red Cross.
- Taormina (Yacht)
- United States. -- Army. -- Massachusetts Infantry Regiment, 45th (1862-1863)
- United States. -- Army. -- Missouri Infantry Regiment, 25th (1861-1864)
- Farms -- Massachusetts -- Dover.
- Horses -- Massachusetts -- Dover.
- Horse shows.
- Sculptors -- Massachusetts -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
- Shiloh, Battle of, Tenn., 1862.
- Solar houses.
- Upper class -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
- Voyages and travels.
- Women artists.
- Women farmers.
- Women in horse sports.
- Women philanthropists.
- Women sculptors.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Red Cross.
- Yachting -- Massachusetts.