Criticism, interpretation, etc
Documentary television programs
|提及的人：||Eugene O'Neill; Clifford Odets; Jerome Kern; Clifford Odets; Eugene O'Neill|
Richard Eyre; Chris Granlund; British Broadcasting Corporation.; WNET (Television station : New York, N.Y.); Films for the Humanities (Firm); BBC Worldwide Americas, Inc.
|注意：||This disc has been recorded using DVD-R equipment and may not play in all DVD players.
Originally produced in 2000.
|餘額：||Director of photography, Fred Fabre ; editor, Joyce Gentle ; programme consultant, Nicholas Wright.|
|表演者：||Host/narrator, Richard Eyre; commentators Arthur Miller, Jason Robards, Arthur Laurents, Luise Rainer, Hal Prince, George Wolfe, Kim Hunter, Tony Kushner.|
|活動注釋：||Originally aired by PBS on September 2, 2000 as episode three of the six-part series Changing Stages: a View of the Theatre of the Twentieth Century.|
|描述：||1 videodisc (51 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.|
|叢書名：||Changing stages--100 years of theater.|
|其他題名：||Broadway and dramatic realism
Changing stages (Television program)
|責任：||a BBC/Thirteen WNET co-production ; written and presented by Richard Eyre ; produced and directed by Chris Granlund.|
Changing Stages examines the last 100 years of American history -- the Great Depression, WWI and II, McCarthyism, the elusive "American Dream," and the collision of race and cultures -- as reflected on stage by a theater that was vibrant and vital. From Eugene O'Neill onward, works by American dramatists Clifford Odets, Arthur Miller, Tennessee Williams, and Lorraine Hansberry commanded international attention. The American musical--a truly indigenous American art form--captured uniquely American accents and viewpoints, and gave birth to the Great White Way: Broadway.
- O'Neill, Eugene, -- 1888-1953.
- Odets, Clifford, -- 1906-1963.
- Kern, Jerome, -- 1885-1945. -- Show boat.
- Theater and society.
- Realism in literature.
- Dramatists, American -- 20th century.
- Theater -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Drama -- History -- 20th century.
- Drama -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
- Musicals -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Theater -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- American drama -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
- Broadway (New York, N.Y.)
- Show boat (Kern, Jerome)
- American drama.
- Dramatists, American.
- New York (State) -- New York.
- New York (State) -- New York -- Broadway.
- United States.