Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1800
Early accounts to 1600
|Named Person:||Francis Drake; Thomas Cavendish; Walter Raleigh, Sir; Thomas Cavendish; Francis Drake; Walter Raleigh, Sir|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Theodor de Bry; Gotthard Arthus; Johann Theodor de Bry; Johann Israel de Bry; Hans and Hanni Kraus Sir Francis Drake Collection (Library of Congress); Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
|Notes:||Plates have special t.p.: Tabulae & imagines ad septimam et octavam Americae partem ...
The history of Drake's first voyage is translated from the account by Nuno da Silva; the second is based upon an account by Walter Bigges; the third is from Drake's logbook, continued by his mate. The voyage of Cavendish is by Francis Pretty; Raleigh's first voyage is written by himself; the account of the second is by Lawrence Kemys.
First ed., 1st issue. Cf. Church. Cat. of books relating to ... America, 163; with maps on p. 78 (1st group) and p. 3 (2d group); and plates 13 and 14 printed on correct leaves.
|Description:||78, 99 pages 18 plates, maps (1 folded) 36 cm|
|Responsibility:||Figuris illustrata & in lucem emissa, opera & sumptibus T. de Bry relictae viduae & filiorum [i.e. J.T. and J.I. de Bry.|
- America -- Discovery and exploration -- British -- Early works to 1800.
- Drake, Francis, -- approximately 1540-1596 -- Travel -- America.
- Cavendish, Thomas, -- 1560-1592.
- Raleigh, Walter, -- Sir, -- 1552?-1618 -- Travel -- America.
- America -- Early accounts to 1600.
- Drake, Francis, -- approximately 1540-1596.
- Raleigh, Walter, -- Sir, -- approximately 1552-1618.
- Discovery and exploration, British.