Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||American Bar Association.|
|Description:||xx, 299 pages ; 21 cm|
|Contents:||pt. I. Consumer credit --
1. Credit : what is it and what does it cost? : how the law protects you --
2. Your right to equal credit : what to do about credit discrimination --
3. Applying for credit : information about legal protections in the credit application process --
4. Applying for a credit card (and choosing the right card) : credit cards, their cost, and their potential effect on your credit rating --
5. How to correct billing mistakes : your rights under the Fair Credit Billing Act and other consumer protection laws --
6. Credit records : your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act --
7. Internet credit : your rights in cyberspace --
8. Identity theft : what it is and how to protect yourself --
9. Unfair lending : how to protect yourself from loans you can't afford --
10. Mortgage/home equity loans : an area ripe for abuse by predatory lenders --
11. Auto financing and leasing : the lowdown on buying, financing, and leasing a car --
12. Dealing with debt : tips on how to get control of your finances --
13. Debt collection and the law : your rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act --
14. Credit counselors, a potential pitfall : know exactly what you're getting into --
15. Where to go for more information. pt. II. Bankruptcy --
16. Problem debt : what to do when you're swimming in red ink --
17. Bankruptcy defined : your guide to a complicated area of law --
18. Straight bankruptcy, Chapter 7 : the most common form of bankruptcy --
19. Wage-earner bankruptcy, Chapter 13 : a form of bankruptcy for people with regular incomes --
20. Chapter 13 or Chapter 7? : which should you choose? : advantages and disadvantages --
21. Saving your home : what you can do to protect your home under bankruptcy --
22. Where to go for more information --
Appendix. How and where to resolve credit disputes.
|Other Titles:||Guide to credit and bankruptcy
Credit and bankruptcy
- Consumer credit -- Law and legislation -- United States -- Popular works.
- Credit cards -- Law and legislation -- United States -- Popular works.
- Bankruptcy -- United States -- Popular works.
- Debt relief -- Popular works.
- Consumer credit -- Law and legislation.
- Credit cards -- Law and legislation.
- Debt relief.
- United States.