Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Sally Denton; James R Chiles; Mark Wolverton; Tom Huntington; Stewart Wolpin; American Heritage Publishing Company.
|Notes:||Title from contents page.
Summer 2010, volume 25, no. 2
|Description:||56 p. : col. ill., col. maps 28 cm.|
|Contents:||Hoover's promise : the dam that remade the American West celebrates its 75th anniversary / by Sally Denton --
Roving the depths : increasingly sophisticated remotely operated vehicles have revolutionized our ability to work and explore underwater / by James R. Chiles --
A solution for almost everything : 50 years of the laser / by Mark Wolverton --
Tinkering with history : vintage motorcycles of hogs, chiefs, and knuckleheads : enthusiasts restore classic motorcycles--and celebrate America's century-long passion for speed on two wheels / by Tom Huntington --
The wild, wonderful, and wacky world of cell phones : as cell phones get smarter, they reach deeper into our lives / by Stewart Wolpin.
|Series Title:||American Heritage's invention & technology, v. 25, no. 2|
|Other Titles:||Hoover's miracle dam celebrates its 75th|
- United States. -- Bureau of Reclamation.
- Remote submersibles -- Technological innovations.
- Arch bridges -- Design and construction -- Black Canyon (Ariz. and Nev.)
- Antique and classic motorcycles -- Conservation and restoration.
- Cell phones.
- Hoover Dam (Ariz. and Nev.) -- Design and construction -- History.
- Mike O'Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge (Ariz. and Nev.) -- Design and construction.