Find a copy in the library
Find it in libraries globally
|Named Person:||Berenice Abbott; Walker Evans; Margaret Bourke-White; Berenice Abbott; Walker Evans; Margaret Bourke-White|
|Material Type:||Biography, Government publication, State or province government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Sharon Corwin; Jessica May; Terri Weissman; Amon Carter Museum of Western Art.; Art Institute of Chicago.; Colby College. Museum of Art.
|Notes:||"Published in conjunction with the exhibition American modern : Abbott, Evans, Bourke-White, on view at Amon Carter Musem, October 1, 2010-January 2, 2011, The Art Institute of Chicago, February 5-May 15, 2011, Colby College Museum of Art, July 9-October 2, 2011"--Title page verso.|
|Description:||xiv, 198 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||Berenice Abbott, Elizabeth McCausland, and the "Great Democratic Book" / Terri Weissman --
"The work of an artist": Walker Evan's American photographs / Jessica May --
Constructed documentary: Margaret Bourke-White from the steel mill to the South / Sharon Corwin.
|Responsibility:||Sharon Corwin, Jessica May, Terri Weissman.|
"While acknowledging that Alfred Stieglitz's circle had earned the young medium a measure of artistic legitimacy, [Walker] Evans rejected his predecessor's airy, often abstract imagery. 'American
- Documentary photography -- United States -- Exhibitions.
- Abbott, Berenice, -- 1898-1991 -- Exhibitions.
- Evans, Walker, -- 1903-1975 -- Exhibitions.
- Bourke-White, Margaret, -- 1904-1971 -- Exhibitions.
- Modernism (Art) -- United States -- Exhibitions.
- Photographers -- United States -- Biography -- Exhibitions.
- United States -- History -- 1933-1945 -- Exhibitions.
- Abbott, Berenice.
- Evans, Walker.
- Bourke-White, Margaret.