|类型/形式：||Films for the hearing impaired
Jon Else; Alfre Woodard; David Brower; Barry M Goldwater; Floyd E Dominy; Marc Reisner; KTEH-TV (Television station : San Jose, Calif.); Trans Pacific Television.; Public Media Video (Firm); Home Vision (Firm)
|注意：||Adapted from Marc Reisner's Cadillac desert.
|制作人员：||Director, writer and producer, Jon Else ; editor, Deborah Hoffmann.|
|演员：||Narrator, Alfre Woodard.
David Brower (Sierra Club), Barry Goldwater (U.S. Senate, rtd.), Floyd Dominy (Bureau of Reclamation).
|描述：||1 videocassette (55 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.|
|丛书名：||Cadillac desert (Television program), 2.|
Cadillac desert, water and the transformation of nature
|责任：||produced by KTEH/San Jose and Trans Pacific Television.|
Cadillac Desert relates the story of the epic quest for water and the role it has played in the transformation of the American West. This second episode charts the dramatic transformation of the Colorado River from a wild desert waterway into the most controlled, litigated, regulated and over-allocated river in history. From the heroic construction of the Hoover Dam during the Great Depression to the bitter political and environmental battles over the potential damming of the Grand Canyon, this program illustrates how the Colorado became so impounded and diverted that by 1969 it no longer reached the ocean.
- Water-supply -- West (U.S.) -- History.
- Hoover Dam (Ariz. and Nev.) -- History.
- Dams -- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) -- Design and construction -- History.
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) -- History.
- Grand Canyon (Ariz.) -- History.
- Water resources development -- West (U.S.) -- History.
- Irrigation -- West (U.S.) -- History.
- Dams -- Design and construction.
- Water resources development.
- Arizona -- Grand Canyon.
- North America -- Colorado River.
- United States -- Hoover Dam.
- United States, West.