Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Ebenezer Williams; Joseph Warren; Eli Simonds; Edward G Porter; Joshua Simonds; Lucy Ware Allen; John Parker; Bowen Harrington; David C King; Paul Revere; Elizabeth Clarke; Earl Percy; Benjamin Fiske|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Parker; Edward W McGlenen; Levi Harrington; Elizabeth Ward Harrington; Charles B Harrington; Carlton A Staples; Jonas Clark; Amos Barrett; Elijah Sanderson
|Language Note:||Materials in English.|
|Notes:||The material described in this catalog record is located in the collections of the Lexington Historical Society, Lexington, Mass.
In part, copies and transcripts.
Includes handbill "Bloody butchery of the British troops" containing accounts of the events, with lists of those killed or wounded in battle; facsim. of Capt. John Parker's deposition of the encounter on Lexington Common, Apr. 19, 1775 (deposition dated Apr. 25, 1775) with handwritten notation at bottom of sheet and affidavit; statement concerning Ebenezer Williams's part in the events of 1775 (undated); typed transcription of letter from Eli Simonds to E.G. Porter giving account of the gun captured by Joshua Simonds on Apr. 19, 1775, transcribed by Miss A.M. Mulliken; ms. "The Battle of Lexington as narrated by Charles B. Harrington"; notes of the reminiscences of three sons of Joshua Simonds of Captain Parker's Company on the day of the Battle of Lexington; letters (2 items) from Betty (Elizabeth) Clarke, daughter of Rev. Jonas Clarke to her niece Mrs. Lucy Ware Allen giving memories of Apr. 19, 1775 and the aftermath of the skirmish on the Common; letter written by Earl Percy at Boston (1775 Apr. 20) giving his account of the events of Apr. 18th and 19th; and affidavit of Capt. John Parker about events on the Green on April 19, 1775.
Also includes transcripts (4 items) of account of the Battle of Lexington given by Levi Harrington to his son Bowen Harrington, transcribed by Charles Bowen Harrington and copied by Elizabeth Ward Harrington; ms. about the battle by Rev. Staples as read before the Lexington Historical Society, Oct. 11, 1898; lists of those killed on Apr. 19, 1775; paper by David King entitled "The Events at Lexington Common, April 19, 1775"; narrative of the events by Jonas Clarke; description of an account written by Capt. Amos Barrett about the Battle of Concord in 1775 sent by H.A.T. of Marion, Ohio to the editor of the Cincinnati Times (1875 Apr. 21); letter relating to events occurring at Benjamin Fiske's house on Apr. 19, 1775 written by a great-grandson or daughter of Benjamin Fiske; affidavit (reproduction) of Elijah Sanderson concerning the events of April 18 and 19, 1775, including the capture of Paul Revere (affidavit was sworn on Dec. 17, 1824); and other papers.
- Williams, Ebenezer.
- Warren, Joseph, -- 1741-1775 -- Correspondence.
- Simonds, Eli, -- 1817-1896 -- Correspondence.
- Porter, Edward G. -- (Edward Griffin), -- 1837-1900 -- Correspondence.
- Simonds, Joshua, -- -1805.
- Allen, Lucy Ware -- Correspondence.
- Parker, John, -- 1729-1775.
- Harrington, Bowen.
- King, David C.
- Revere, Paul, -- 1735-1818.
- Connecticut Committee of Correspondence.
- Lexington Historical Society (Mass.)
- Cincinnati times.
- Lexington, Battle of, Lexington, Mass., 1775.
- Concord, Battle of, Concord, Mass., 1775.
- Soldiers -- Massachusetts -- Lexington.
- Minutemen (Militia) -- Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783.
- Lexington (Mass.) -- History -- 18th century.
- Concord (Mass.) -- History -- 18th century.
- Clarke, Elizabeth -- Correspondence.
- Percy, Earl -- Correspondence.
- Fiske, Benjamin -- Homes and haunts.