Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||J Pierpont Morgan; J Pierpont Morgan|
|All Authors / Contributors:||J. Pearson & Co.; Pierpont Morgan Library.|
|Notes:||Typescript sale catalog compiled exclusively for the purpose of a sale to J. Pierpont Morgan, sr.; the items are now held by the Pierpont Morgan Library.
"The printed portion contains every available pamphlet, no matter how insignificant, dealing with the controversy. The autographs comprise important letters of the members of the Houses of Lords and Commons who voted against the repeal; also of the repealing ministry, and of the various persons, pamphleteers, politicians, and others, who interested themselves in the controversy."
Accompanied by photocopies of 2 holograph letters, dated June 21 and June 28, 1893, and an invoice from J. Pearson & Co. dated June 28, 1893. The originals are housed in PML files.
|Description:||58 leaves ; 32 cm.|
- Great Britain. -- Stamp Act (1765) -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Causes -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- Autographs -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.
- J. Pearson & Co. -- Catalogs.
- Pierpont Morgan Library -- Catalogs.
- Morgan, J. Pierpont -- (John Pierpont), -- 1837-1913.
- Manuscripts, Autograph -- Catalogs -- Pierpont Morgan Library.
- Books -- Catalogs -- Pierpont Morgan Library.
- J. Pearson & Co.
- Pierpont Morgan Library.
- Stamp Act (Great Britain : 1765)
- Great Britain.
- United States.