Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Outlines, syllabi, etc
|All Authors / Contributors:||Blackside, Inc.; Civil Rights Project, Inc.; PBS Video.|
Section 1 features a two-page account for each of the five shows. Section 2 presents a timeline illustrating poverty-related trends between 1960 and 1990. Section 3 provides an overview of the federal government's response to poverty from 1960 to 1975. Section 4 examines contemporary poverty. Section 5 assists discussions about poverty in America today. Section 6 is a cross-reference of major concepts and themes in each show and in the companion book. Section 7 lists publications that supplement the series.
For instructional use with PBS Videos: AWPI-101, v. 86; AWPI-102, v. 87; AWPI-103, v. 88; AWPI-104, v. 89; AWPI-105, v. 90.
|Description:||24 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.|
|Contents:||In this affluent society --
Given a chance --
City of promise --
In service to America --
My brother's keeper.
|Series Title:||PBS Video database of America's history & culture, v.86-90 discussion and viewer's guide.|
|Other Titles:||In this affluent society.
Given a chance.
City of promise.
In service to America.
My brother's keeper.
America's war on poverty (Television program)
- Poor -- Services for -- United States -- History -- 1961-1974.
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 1961-1971.
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 1971-1981.
- United States -- Social conditions -- 1960-1980.
- United States. -- Office of Economic Opportunity -- History.
- Legal Services Program (U.S.) -- History.
- Volunteers in Service to America -- History.
- Head Start Program (U.S.) -- History.
- National Welfare Rights Organization (U.S.) -- History.
- Poverty -- United States.
- Documentary television programs.
- United States -- History -- Video recordings -- Outlines, syllabi, etc.
- Documentary television programs -- Outlines, syllabi, etc.
- Head Start Program (U.S.)
- Legal Services Program (U.S.)
- National Welfare Rights Organization (U.S.)
- United States. -- Office of Economic Opportunity.
- Volunteers in Service to America.
- Economic history.
- Poor -- Services for.
- Social history.
- Video recordings.
- United States.