Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Criticism, interpretation, etc
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Ratcliffe, Krista, 1958-
Anglo-American feminist challenges to the rhetorical traditions.
Carbondale : Southern Illinois University Press, ©1996
|Named Person:||Virginia Woolf; Adrienne Rich; Mary Daly; Virginia Woolf; Adrienne Rich; Mary Daly; Mary Daly; Adrienne Rich; Virginia Woolf|
|Material Type:||Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1 online resource (xiii, 227 pages)|
|Contents:||Bathsheba's dilemma: defining, discovering, and defending Anglo-American feminist theories of rhetoric(s) --
Minting the fourth guinea: Virginia Woolf --
De/mystifying herself and herwor(l)ds: Mary Daly --
Re-visioning the borderlands: Adrienne Rich --
Educating Bathsheba and everyone else: quest(ion) pedagogical possibilities of Anglo-American feminist theories of rhetoric(s).
|Responsibility:||by Krista Ratcliffe.|
This well-reasoned and convincing study will appeal to a widely varied audience: women in rhetoric and composition who feel that traditional theories do not speak to them; teachers of rhetorical history who want to explore gender concepts; composition teachers who want to become more aware of gender differences and pedagogical strategies to accommodate these differences; literary theorists and speech communication scholars who wish to track new methodologies for examining gender concerns; women's studies scholars who want to continue the examination of how language constructs and reflects patriarchy; and other students and scholars who simply are interested in theories of rhetoric, feminism, and pedagogy.
- American literature -- Women authors -- History and criticism.
- Feminism and literature -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.
- Feminism and literature -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- English literature -- Women authors -- History and criticism.
- Woolf, Virginia, -- 1882-1941 -- Political and social views.
- Rich, Adrienne, -- 1929-2012 -- Political and social views.
- Persuasion (Rhetoric)
- Daly, Mary, -- 1928-2010.
- Woolf, Virginia, -- 1882-1941.
- Rich, Adrienne, -- 1929-2012.
- LITERARY CRITICISM -- American -- General.
- Daly, Mary, -- 1928-2010
- Rich, Adrienne, -- 1929-2012
- Woolf, Virginia, -- 1882-1941
- American literature -- Women authors.
- English literature -- Women authors.
- Feminism and literature.
- Political and social views.
- Great Britain.
- United States.