Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Dust jackets (Bindings)
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Chōjū giga. English.
New York, Putnam 
|Material Type:||Fiction, Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Kakuyū; Velma Varner; G.P. Putnam's Sons.
|Notes:||The illus. are reproduced from the Chōjū giga or Scrolls of animal caricatures, attributed to Toba Sōjō (Kakuyū), which are in Kōzan-ji, Kyoto. No story appears on the original text, but many interpretations have been created. The text for this book was writen by Velma Varner.|
|Description:|| pages : illustrations ; 20 x 24 cm|
|Other Titles:||Scrolls of frolicking animals and people.|
|Responsibility:||by Toba Sojo ; [text by Velma Varner].|
- Scrolls of frolicking animals and people.
- Animals -- Fiction.
- Animals -- Juvenile fiction.
- Art, Japanese -- Heian period, 794-1185 -- Juvenile fiction.
- Kings and rulers -- Juvenile fiction.
- Wrestling matches -- Juvenile fiction.
- Art, Japanese
- Art, Japanese -- Heian period.
- Kings and rulers.
- Wrestling matches.