Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Manchester ; New York : Manchester University Press ; New York, NY, USA : Distributed exclusively in the USA and Canada by St. Martin's Press, ©1992
|Named Person:||Anthony Eden, Earl of Avon; Anthony Eden; Anthony Eden, Earl of Avon; Anthony Eden; Anthony Eden|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||298 pages ; 24 cm|
Eden's name became inextricably linked to Suez, and Rothwell provides an important reassessment of Eden's role in this pivotal crisis. He gives overdue attention to the wider Middle East situation, and explains Eden's failure to manage the Anglo-American relationship in the crisis in terms of his life-long lack of warmth for the United States, which verged at times on anti-Americanism. Eden remains a central figure in twentieth century international politics, and all those interested in international history as well students of international relations, will find Rothwell's new political biography compelling reading.
- Eden, Anthony, -- Earl of Avon, -- 1897-1977.
- Prime ministers -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1945-1964.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1936-1945.
- Conservative Party (Great Britain) -- Biography.
- Eden, Anthony, -- 1897-1977.
- Conservative Party (Great Britain)
- Politics and government
- Prime ministers.
- Great Britain.
- Eden, Anthony.
- Great Britain