Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Translations into English
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Antiphon, approximately 480-411 B.C.
Antiphon & Andocides.
Austin : University of Texas Press, 1998
|Named Person:||Antiphon; Andocides; Antiphon; Andocides; Antiphon|
|Material Type:||Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Antiphon; Andocides; Michael Gagarin; Douglas M MacDowell
|ISBN:||0292728093 9780292728097 0292728085 9780292728080|
|Notes:||English translations of classical Greek orations of Antiphon and Andocides.|
|Description:||xxvii, 174 pages ; 22 cm.|
|Series Title:||Oratory of classical Greece, v. 1.|
|Other Titles:||Antiphon and Andocides|
|Responsibility:||translated by Michael Gagarin & Douglas M. MacDowell.|
Andocides (ca. 440-390) was involved in two religious scandals - the mutilation of the Herms (busts of Hermes) and the revelation of the Eleusinian Mysteries - on the eve of the fateful Athenian expedition to Sicily in 415. His speeches are a defense against charges relating to those events.
Antiphon's speeches are introduced and translated by Michael Gagarin, Professor of Classics at the University of Texas at Austin. Andocides' speeches are introduced and translated by Douglas M. MacDowell, Professor of Greek at the University of Glasgow.
- Antiphon, -- approximately 480 B.C.-411 B.C. -- Translations into English.
- Andocides, -- approximately 440 B.C.-approximately 390 B.C. -- Translations into English.
- Speeches, addresses, etc., Greek -- Translations into English.
- Oratory, Ancient.
- Antiphon, -- approximately 480-411 B.C -- Translations into English.
- Andocides, -- approximately 440 B.C.-approximately 390 B.C.
- Antiphon, -- approximately 480 B.C.-411 B.C.
- Speeches, addresses, etc., Greek.