Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Blair, Walter, 1900-
Approaches to poetry.
New York, Appleton-Century-Crofts 
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Walter Blair; W K Chandler
|Description:||734 pages 23 cm|
|Contents:||pt. I. Types and techniques in narrative poetry. 1. Ballads and imagery in poetry --
2. Metrical romances and the rhythms of poetry --
3. Epics and sublimity in poetry --
4. Short dramatic poems and poetic characterization --
pt. II. Lyrical poetry and some poetic traditions. 5. Songs and simply lyrics: emotion and tone color --
6. The sonnet and the diction of poetry sonnets --
7. The ode and thought in poetry --
8. Minor types and two traditions in subject-matter --
pt. III. Schools and their variations from poetic traditions. 9. Metaphysical poets --
10. Neoclassical school --
pt. IV. Personalities as forces in poetry. 11. John Keats --
12. T.S. Eliot --
pt. V. Understanding and evaluating poems. 13. Conclusion.
|Responsibility:||[by] Walter Blair and W.K. Chandler.|