Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
The papers, concentrated in the 1880s, largely concern McGill's political career and include: Republican party activities, his gubernatorial campaigns, the Republican state conventions of 1881 and 1886, state and national politics, public issues in general, the Farmers' Alliance, the Spanish-American War, and St. Paul post office affairs.
There are family letters; household accounts; a few photographs; and personal papers of various members of the McGill family and the related James Wilson and Charles Martin families in Pennsylvania; accounts for soldiers' pay and clothing kept by Charles Martin as commander at Fort le Bouef, Pennsylvania (1794-1797); financial records of the "St. Peter Tribune;" and other papers concerning legal matters, social events, and civic affairs of Nicollet County and St. Peter (Minn.).
Correspondents include: Mr. and Mrs. William Windom; Pennock Pusey; Horace Austin, concerning politics and a citrus fruit enterprise in the West Indies; Eric Von Rosenlind on the Minnesota exhibit at the New Orleans World's Exposition; and Ignatius Donnelly; Henry A. Castle; Cushman K. Davis; Elmer E. Adams; and John Ireland. Other letters and financial records pertain to McGill's legal business and real estate transactions in Minnesota and elsewhere.
- McGill, Eliza E., -- 1844-1877.
- McGill, Anna Baird.
- McGill, Patrick, -- 1762-1832.
- McGill, Angeline Martin, -- 1811-1849.
- McGill, Charles Dillon, -- 1802-1875.
- Martin, Mary Ryan, -- 1789-1866.
- McGill family.
- Martin family.
- Douglas, John.
- Minnesota and Pacific Railroad Company.
- Republican Party (Minn.)
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- )
- St. Paul and Minneapolis Mortgage Loan and Trust Company.
- United States Naval Academy.
- University of Minnesota.
- Saint Peter tribune.
- African Americans.
- Art, Modern -- 19th century.
- Education -- Minnesota.
- Insurance -- Minnesota.
- Insurance law -- United States.
- Postal service -- Minnesota -- Saint Paul.
- Real property -- Minnesota.
- Real property -- United States.
- Spanish-American War, 1898.
- Saint Paul (Minn.)
- Fort le Bouef (Pa.)
- Minnesota -- Politics and government.
- Nicollet County (Minn.)
- Pennsylvania -- Social life and customs.
- Saint Peter (Minn.)